KDEprint & apsfilter

Goffioul Michael goffioul at imec.be
Wed Feb 9 12:09:09 CET 2005

> I have done everything I can except stand on my head to
> figure out why my
> HPdeskjet632C will not print while using KDE. It prints very
> nicely from the
> apsfilter setup file.
>
> I need some snapshots or instructions as to how to have
> KDE3.3 recognize the
> printer - I simply do not know what the command line should
> be, but do know
> where the apsfilter resides - /etc/printcap

KDEPrint expects the system config dir of APSFilter to be
/etc/apsfilter, and also looks for available drivers in
an */apsfilter/setup/ dir with '*' being /usr/share,
/usr/local/share or /opt/share. The driver file names are
expected to start with "printer-".

You should use "LPR/LPRng" as print plugin in KDE (bottom of the
print manager). Try to create a printer and looks into the
/etc/printcap file if it contains a correspinding entry. It
might help to reproduce this entry here.

Note that the APSfilter support has been implemented 3 years
ago, so there might be some incompatibilities with more recent
APSFilter releases (I don't follow APSFilter development).