HELP: Problem regarding printmanager

Martin martin.fimberger at gmx.at
Thu Apr 21 23:44:37 CEST 2005

Thomas Mohr <thomasmohr <at> aon.at> writes:

> Am Montag, 18. April 2005 09:18 schrieb Goffioul Michael:
> > > What exactly happens when print:/manager is called ? Is some
> > > *.protocol or
> > > *.desktop file openend ? Maybe the error is there ?
> >
> > The print manager (like "kcmshell printers") should appear
> > embedded in konqueror.
>
> Dear Michael,
>
> exactly this is the problem. It does not. Maybe there is something wrong with
> a file or so.....
>
> kind regards,
> Thomas

Hello!

I encountered the same problem trying to upgrade to KDE 3.4.  It seems to be a
KDE Bug as the problem occures on different distributiones but only with KDE 3.4.
At the moment I downgraded to KDE 3.3 and found the printmanagerlink in the
starmenue pointing to the following position.
/opt/kde3/share/applnk/Settingsmenu/printmgr.desktop
Changing the properties of this link disables the starmenuelink.

So my suggestion is to check out  the properties of printmgr.desktop.
The commandsection should point to kcmshell printmgr.

For the moment i cannot try this procedure myself so it would be nice to hear
whether it worked or not.

Regards
Martin