poster only works with eps-files: build it into the filter?

Arnold Moene arnold at eduphys.xs4all.nl
Fri Sep 10 13:52:38 CEST 2004

Dear all,

One of the nice options of kprinter is to print a poster (consisting of
2, 4 or more A4 sheets) of a page. However, when I wanted to make a
poster from one page of a document (a pdf) I got blank pages, except for
the cut-marks. Upon inspection of the resulting file (through 'print to
file') in ghostview I saw that the original page contents is there (not
scaled), but is overwritten by a blank page with the cut-marks.
While reading through the man-page of the 'poster' command (used by this
filter), I saw that 'poster' only likes eps-files.

I was wondering: would it be an option to run the input to poster
through ps2epsi first? When I did this manually, it solved the problem.

Cheers, Arnold