Printing with Kate: page header and footer.

Goffioul Michael goffioul at imec.be
Thu May 27 13:01:36 CEST 2004

> but no footer appears in the print; the last line is clipped
> horizontally at
> 14 mm from the bottom, the top and bottom margins being 5 mm.
>
> --Is there some sort of howto for this operation?
> --Where can I find the meaning of the various codes (%y, etc)?

As Kurt said, use "What's This" help.

> --How can I get the page numbers printed?
> --And what about the clipping effect?

Did you try to increase the margins in the appropriate tab of
the printer properties dialog. It is possible that the default
margins (extracted from the PPD file) doesn't correspond very
well to the actual printer capabilities, or that there's some
rounding error problem (although I greatly reduced the effect of
rounding since KDE-from-2-years-ago).