Printing with Kate: page header and footer.

Charles Trois charles.trois at wanadoo.fr
Thu May 27 11:56:55 CEST 2004

There was a thread on this list concerning the above subject (more or less)
two years ago, but it showed nothing conclusive.

I have an Epson 740 printer with cups on my iMac using YDL 3.0.1 and KDE
3.2.

When printing text files with Kate (or KDevelop, which works the same way),
I cannot get the header and footer quite right.

In the configuring dialog, the header format is given as

    %y              %f              %p

(there are three fields).

On the printer document, the header is

    date            title

The footer format is

                                    %U

but no footer appears in the print; the last line is clipped horizontally at
14 mm from the bottom, the top and bottom margins being 5 mm.

--Is there some sort of howto for this operation?
--Where can I find the meaning of the various codes (%y, etc)?
--How can I get the page numbers printed?
--And what about the clipping effect?

All hints and explanations will be welcome.

Charles