Command line control of: "kprinter".

Goffioul Michael goffioul at imec.be
Wed Mar 24 09:06:54 CET 2004

> Yes, but ... .  It is what I use, but it wouldn't work for
> the KOffice
> issue I was researching.
>
> The question is whether KOffice::KWord could have an export
> to PDF option
> like OOo does.  This couldn't assume that: "ps2pdf" was available for
> direct use.

"ps2pdf" is just a wrapper around "gs -sDEVICE=pdfwrite...". And I guess
that you can assume "gs" *is* available for direct use. Another thing is
that, while implementing the print-to-pdf in kdeprint, I noticed that
ps2pdf is not safe when using filenames with spaces, that's why I used
"gs" directly in the ps2pdf.xml filter description file of kdeprint.

Note finally that kdeprint provides a technology to easily implement
'export' mechanism in applications, look at kdelibs/kdeprint/kprintaction.h
and http://printing.kde.org/developer/tutorial/action.php
Another way could be to use service menus and the "--print" flag of
KOffice applications.