CUPS printer stopping on test page print

Goffioul Michael goffioul at imec.be
Thu Mar 4 10:49:48 CET 2004

> Hi everybody,
>
> When I require printing a test page via the web interface of
> my CUPS server,
> the print job remain uncompleted (pending since ..) and my
> printer state
> changes to "stopped, accepting jobs. "
>
> I turned Log Level to debug option and here is what i can
> read from error_log:
[snip]
> D [04/Mar/2004:10:33:09 +0100]
> /usr/lib/cups/filter/foomatic-rip: Aucun
> fichier ou répertoire de ce type

You're missing the Foomatic backend driver. Be sure you have installed
all foomatic packages (get source code at http://www.linuxprinting.org).
Alternatively, use another driver (PPD file) that does not rely on
foomatic (note that all PPD files obtained from linuxprinting.org ARE
foomatic drivers). If your printer can understand PS, the best is then
to grab the PPD file from the manufacturer (this file is either provided
directly by the manufacturer, or can be grabbed from a Windows driver
package).