Totally odd kde vs print problem

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Jun 29 17:53:21 CEST 2004

On Tuesday 29 June 2004 11:21, Goffioul Michael wrote:
>> Now, I'm down to one complaint re:kde.  And this one comes and
>> goes, often several times while I'm replying to the same message.
>> The key repeat goes from the normal 10 per second down to once
>> every 2 seconds, and it stacks up in the buffer, keeping the
>> cursor moving long after I've up stroked the appropriate arrow
>> key.  Its often far faster to grab the mouse and click where I
>> want the cursor to be than to run it backwards 25 spaces to fix
>> one of my fat fingered typu's.
>
>If it only happens in a single KDE application, then you should
> report a bug for that particular application, at
> http://bugs.kde.org
>
>Bye.
>Michael.

I don't know for sure that its just the kde email editor or more
widely distributed.  The builtin editor kmail has is the most
commonly used editor here by a very wide factor, otherwise its vim,
and I don't recall vim doing that unless the machine was busier than
that infamous cat on the equally infamous tin roof. :)

I'm currently running kernel 2.6.7-mm3 with "elevator=cfq", and the
default anticipatory is just as bad in this effect.

--
Cheers, Gene
There are 4 boxes to be used in defense of liberty.