LPRng + APSFilter

Goffioul Michael goffioul at imec.be
Mon Jul 5 10:08:23 CEST 2004

> Hi.
>
> I made some tests on my network and I found that kprinter uses -C to
> pass options to the filter. But, conform the man page, -C is
> a priority
> flag, and -Z pass options to APSFilter.

I don't remember exactly why I used the "-C" flag but I guess this is
because I tested it with the old LPR and not LPRng. In the code, you can
support both cases using the construct "LprSettings::self()->mode()".

> I downloaded the fonts, but I want just compile kdeprinter to test if
> this works.
>
> How can I compile just the kdeprint directory?

What you need to recompile is the directory kdelibs/kdeprint/lpr/ from
the kdelibs source package. The problem is that this code uses libraries
from other dirs in the same package (core KDE libs). So either you compile
the core libraries (but don't install them), or you change Makefiles
such that the compilation of the lpr-module uses the existing core libs
from $KDEDIR/libs