erratic printing from acroread

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Fri Jul 2 11:40:16 CEST 2004

Hi,

Acrobat prints to kprinter (with optional "-c" )

I tested this with an 18 page pdf doc.

Printing to ps file - a file is generated, with 18 pages, but only the first
11 have content, no error message generated.  Same result with or without
"-c" flag.  PS file is the same size, although diff does show some
differences between the files.

mostly like this:
7914c7914
< /E56 exch /ColorSpace defineRes
---
> /E74 exch /ColorSpace defineRes
8557c8557
< /E57 exch /ColorSpace defineRes
---
> /E75 exch /ColorSpace defineRes

Printing to a real printer still causes acroread to display a dialog box thus:

kprinter:WARNING:
KFilterBase::findFilterByExtension : no
filter found for text/plain

         | OK |

and only the first 11 pages actually print, regardless of the "-c" flag.

Hope that helps.
If you would like my test files off-list, just ask.

Cheers,
Maf.