VS: Font problems, unable to print

Auvo Korhonen auvo.korhonen at pp.inet.fi
Sat Feb 28 15:34:02 CET 2004

Problem okei

-----Alkuperäinen viesti-----
Lähettäjä: Jaakko H Kyro [mailto:jkyro at pp.htv.fi]
Lähetetty: 27. helmikuuta 2004 20:19
Vastaanottaja: For users and developers of KDEPrint,the KDE printing
architecture
Aihe: Re: Font problems, unable to print

On Friday 27 February 2004 15:53, Goffioul Michael wrote:

> As you installed the new font as root, the font installer modified
> system-level files, so it'll affect all users. The weird thing is
> that by re-installing ghostscript and font packages, it didn't help.

OK, the problem was that I used apt-get --reinstall to do the trick, which
obviously didn't recreate stuff.

> Did you try to remove and reinstall? (use --force flag of "rpm")
> What I would try is to remove any ghostscript-* package and reinstall
> them.

That was it! It's working now.

> Otherwise, you should consider contacting the KDE font installer
> developer. I'm afraid I cannot help you much further.

I think I will contact the team anyway, this is something they might be
interested in.

--
Jaakko Kyrö