Printing locking up after update

Dag Nygren dag at newtech.fi
Fri Feb 20 15:02:01 CET 2004

Hi,

just updated to KDE 3.2 and got into trouble with printing
not working.
The symptoms are:
Pressing the print button in either konqueror or kmail (haven't
tested any other app.) will give me the popup with "Printing...", then
nothing happens. The process will eat up more and more memory and use up
all CPU it can get. There is no response from cancel et al.
Killing the invoking process cannot be done but with a kill -9.
Seems to me like the rendering goes astray.
Tried running it through gdb, but strangely enough got different stack
frames everytime I ctrl-C:ed the process, exactly like it would have worked
OK????.

Config:
Linux Kernel 2.6.2
Newest Qt, 3.3.0