Printer

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Thu Feb 5 22:35:52 CET 2004

Erik Jakobsen wrote:
> Kurt Pfeifle wrote:
>
> Hi Kurt.
>
> Now I have done as you wrote to me:
>
> On the Client:
>

> #BrowseAllow address
> #BrowseDeny address
>
> #BrowseAllow @LOCAL
> #BrowseDeny All
> BrowseAllow from 192.168.1.1
> BrowseAllow from All
> BrowseDeny from None

There should also be a line like "BrowseoOrder Deny,Allow" or
"BrowseoOrder Allow,Deny". Not relevant which, since the allow
from all/deny from none gives the same effect here.

> And from the server:
>
> # Browsing: whether or not to broadcast and/or listen for CUPS printer
> # information on the network.  Enabled by default.
> #
>
> Browsing On
>
> #
> # BrowseProtocols: which protocols to use for browsing.  Can be
>
> #BrowseAddress x.y.z.255
> #BrowseAddress x.y.255.255
> #BrowseAddress x.255.255.255
> #BrowseAddress 255.255.255.255
> BrowseAddress @LOCAL
> #BrowseAddress @IF(name)

If it doesn't work, try to use "BrowseAddress @IF(eth0)" or
"BrowseAddress 192.168.1.255"

> When I have uninstalled the old setup, and have done a restart of cups
> on the client and server, should the printers then appear within 30
> minutes in Kprinter ?.

30 *seconds* even. Provided client(s) and server are on
the same subnet and now router is in between....