Printer

Goffioul Michael goffioul at imec.be
Thu Feb 5 17:13:14 CET 2004

> Goffioul Michael wrote:
>
> >I think this is a side effect of what's happening internally:
> >when testing your settings, kdeprint will create a temporary
> >printer, send the test page to it, then remove it. This is needed
> >as at that point, the print final queue has not been created yet.
> >However, those steps are administrative ones, so it requires
> >admin right to the CUPS server, hence probably the password.
> >So here, you are requested the login and password of a user
> >that has admin rights on the CUPS server where the printer is
> >to be installed.
> >

> Well I have tested with the root id and the root password as
> well, but
> so far no luck.

In /etc/cups/cupsd.conf (on the computer where the printer is
created), set "LogLevel" to "debug2", and restart the CUPS server.
Then try to test the printer as previously, and monitor the file
/var/log/cups/error_log when entering the login/passwd. Hopefully,
this should bring some light on the problem.