Printer

Goffioul Michael goffioul at imec.be
Thu Feb 5 17:03:31 CET 2004

I think this is a side effect of what's happening internally:
when testing your settings, kdeprint will create a temporary
printer, send the test page to it, then remove it. This is needed
as at that point, the print final queue has not been created yet.
However, those steps are administrative ones, so it requires
admin right to the CUPS server, hence probably the password.
So here, you are requested the login and password of a user
that has admin rights on the CUPS server where the printer is
to be installed.

Michael.