port printer

Goffioul Michael goffioul at imec.be
Wed Feb 4 17:57:31 CET 2004

KDEPrint relies on the underlying print system to detect existing
printers/ports, but this is only implemented with CUPS. Nevertheless,
even if no printer is detected, kdeprint should allow the user to
continue.

I'm referring to the wizard page, after selecting the printer type
(network, local...), where you are requested to select the port
to which the printer is connected. If possible, kdeprint will present
the user with a sorted tree of detected ports and potential detected
printers. However, the user has still the possibility to enter the
printer URI manually in the edit field. Kdeprint might issue a
warning before continuing, but the user should be able to continue.
Isn't it the case?

When do you get your error message? Are you using CUPS?

Michael.