Kprinter problem with some fonts

Goffioul Michael goffioul at imec.be
Tue Feb 3 13:04:27 CET 2004

KPrinter is not directly responsible of the print content. On one
hand, you have Qt, and on the other hand, you have the application.
(KPrinter makes the link between the PS print data generated by
Qt and the application, and the print system).

What you can try is the following: from the offending KDE app,
print to a PS file. Then try to print this PS file using
command-line utility (lpr): this corresponds more or less
to an emulation of what KPrinter does. Do you still have the
problem?

>From what you described, this looks like a problem in the Qt
font engine, or some problem with MS fonts.

Michael.