How to make CUPS printers available in KDE

David Jarvie lists at astrojar.org.uk
Wed Dec 15 10:54:03 CET 2004

On Wednesday 15 Dec 2004 8:33 am, Goffioul Michael wrote:
> > You have to switch the printing system used. In the printer dialog,
> > press on the "Expand" button and choose CUPS as your print system.
>
> Additionally, the same selection combo box is available in the KDE
> printing manager, at the bottom.

CUPS was already selected as the print system. However, I have now tried
switching to LPD and then back again to CUPS, and lo and behold the printers
now show up, and I don't get any error messages!

It looks like there is a bug somewhere which allows CUPS to be shown as the
print system while some parts of kdeprint think that LPD is being used.

Cheers,
David.