Missing/corrupt PPD files?

Jason Ahrens jason.ahrens at rogers.com
Wed Apr 21 02:44:36 CEST 2004

On April 20, 2004 11:33, Goffioul Michael wrote:
> Could you send me your PPD file?

I've already posted it to the list just yesterday, so I will send it privately
this time. I will send both the original and the one modified as you
suggested.

> KDE didn't put it anywhere, it just didn't send it to the CUPS
> server (because it couldn't load it). The result is that the you
> create a printer without a PPD file (hence the previous PPD file
> is removed). The point here is why KDE cannot load the PPD file
> when adding a printer. I guess that when selecting the driver,
> you used the "Other" button and selected the modified PPD file?

Actually no. I did not use the 'other' button. When KDE popped up the list of
supported printer, I selected 'Canon' and 'BJC 250', at which point KDE
reported the error that it could not load the driver.

Jason