Missing/corrupt PPD files?

Goffioul Michael goffioul at imec.be
Tue Apr 20 08:32:22 CEST 2004

> On April 19, 2004 08:52, Goffioul Michael wrote:
> > See my response to this problem:
> > http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-print&m=108237910820800&w=2
> > it might be the same. If it's not, could you as well post your
> > PPD file (compressed), such that I can have a look.
>
> I took a look. I found many lines like this, which I'm not
> sure is the same
> thing:
> *StpFineLightYellowTransition None/0.000:

For these lines, add "" at the end. It should be present. Adobe
specifications tells me a NoValue (empty value) is only possible
when there's no option keyword, which is not the case here. Anyway,
adding this empty string should solve the parsing problem of
KDEPrint.

> There's 19 lines in this PPD that has the None/0.000 string.
> This is the PPD
> file that CUPS uses. Is this also the PPD file that KDE will use?

Yes. KDE doesn't have its own PPD files, it gets them from CUPS
directly.