chinese fonts

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Thu Apr 1 05:59:49 CEST 2004

Goffioul Michael wrote:
> Don't know if it helps, but make sure you have the fonts installed
> and that font embedding is enabled in Qt (or KDEPrint) settings: use
> "qtconfig" or KDEPrint Settings dialog ("kaddprinterwizard --kdeconfig")

I wouldn't embed if you are using a TrueType font (unless you have a
PostScript printer), but you MUST make sure that GhostScript can find your
fonts.  Best way is to build the font search path into GhostScript.  Distos
do this; to find the distro's search path, open a Konsole and execute:

	GS_LIB=""
	export GS_LIB
	gs --help

and read the: "Search path".  Install the fonts in one of those directories.

If the PS file doesn't have the correct name, add an alias to the Fontmap
file or try the patch for Qt:

http://home.earthlink.net/~tyrerj/files/qt-x11-free-3.3.1-PSfontname.patch.tar.bz2

I have never tested this patch with anything but 8 bit Latin, Greek, and
Cyrillic fonts.  Chinese fonts (any UNICode -- 16 bit font) might break it.
  But, if you want to test it, it would be appreciated (if you need help
doing so, contact me by private e-mail).

If you have to embed a TrueType font, use OpenOffice.

--
JRT