HELP WANTED: kdeprint with GNUlpr

Goffioul Michael goffioul at imec.be
Mon Nov 24 13:36:03 CET 2003

> I think, the best solution is that KDE embeds all fonts (except the
> standard PS fonts, but perhaps them even too) into the PostScript by
> default. The option to turn this off should have warning like
> "only turn
> this off if you really know what you are doing".

That's also my opinion. Indeed, I'm trying to implement a solution
in the middle:
1) allow KDEPrint to only embedd needed fonts (that means to embed
   fonts that are not listed in the PPD file): KDEPrint already has
   some code to do it but it needs some part on the Qt-level, which
   is still not available
2) warn the user if a problem might occur
3) integrate better James's patch to solves the problem at least
   in some common cases (stand-alone Linux box)