HELP WANTED: kdeprint with GNUlpr

Goffioul Michael goffioul at imec.be
Mon Nov 24 09:35:17 CET 2003

I don't agree: with LPRng, the ability to select print options
on the command-line (or in a GUI, which is the same) is highly
dependent on the driver system that is used. Foomatic gives the
user access to all print options, through the '-Z' flag.
Printtool (used by RedHat back in the 5.x era) didn't, although
it was based on LPRng. If you cannot select print options on the
command-line, you can't neither in a GUI.