Level 1 postscript

Michael Goffioul goffioul at imec.be
Fri May 16 11:46:29 CEST 2003

Peter Robins wrote:

> Is there a way in KDE of specifying you want level 1 postscript?
> Output from my KDE (3.1) programs produces flashing lights on the
> printer but nothing emerges, and I'm pretty sure it's due to the
> programs producing things the printer doesn't understand. OpenOffice
> output, where you can specify you want level 1, prints fine, as do
> various other programs such as enscript.
>
> Alternatively, is there a kprinter filter for converting the level 2
> output from KDE programs to level 1?

The PS generation is the responsability of the Qt library from
TrollTech. And AFAIK, there's no possibility to control the
postscript level generated, sorry. I'm also not aware of any filter
able to convert between PS levels, but this doesn't mean none
exist.

Michael Goffioul		IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul at imec.be	(Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510		Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515		3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM
This e-mail and/or its attachments may contain confidential
information.  It is intended solely for the intended addressee(s).
Any use of the information contained herein by other persons is
prohibited.  IMEC vzw does not accept any liability for the contents
of this e-mail and/or its attachments.