CUPS printing and faxing problem

Stephen Liu satimis at icare.com.hk
Fri May 16 12:53:45 CEST 2003

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for your advice.

On Fri, 2003-05-16 at 02:59, Matthias Posseldt wrote:
> On Thursday 15 May 2003 03:42, Stephen Liu wrote:
> > 'minicom' has been installed on my OS
> >
> > # rpm -qa|grep minicom
> > minicom-2.00.0-6
> > # which minicom
> > # service minicom status
> > minicom: unrecognized service
>
> Minicom is no service that runs as a daemon but rather a program that a user
> or admin can use.

Noted.

> > Kindly advise how to make use 'minicom' to test
> > # echo ath1 > /dev/modem
> > # echo ath0 > /dev/modem
>
> Just try to start "minicom /dev/modem". Then you'll get a different window and
> can enter AT commands and see replies.

As ROOT
# minicom /dev/modem
Started another window as follow;

********************
Welcome to minicom 2.00.0

Compiled on Jun 23 2002, 16:41:20.

Press CTRL-A Z for help on special keys
*********************

CRTL-A -> Z  started "Minicom Command Summary"
Selected 'E' (local Echo on/off)  "Echo On" displayed
CRTL-A -> Z  started "Minicom Command Summary" again
Selected 'E' again "Echo Off" displayed

No other indication discovered.  Is there any shortcut to toggle
echo_on/echo_off ?

As USER
$ minicom /dev/modem
bash: /usr/bin/minicom: Permission denied

Already chmod -c 666 /usr/bin/minicom (as ROOT)
Kindly advise how to make it works as USER

B.Regards
Stephen Liu