Printer driver UI [proposal]

Michael Goffioul kde-print@mail.kde.org
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 18:44:04 +0100

> I'd suspect that a "preview" button with the corresponding hooks
> in the printing system would be a more general purpose solution.
>
> However, to comment specifically on your example - it would be
> impossible to accurately preview the results of changing a
> color channel curve without having a colorimetric (e.g. ICC)
> profile for the output device, at which point such curves are
> probably not needed anyways...

This was just an example. I have the impression that any dynamic
relationship between some components may be difficult to express
using a static format without developing a quite complex parser.
But anyway, forget about that part (I mean host-specific code).

Michael Goffioul		IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul@imec.be	(Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510		Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515		3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM
This e-mail and/or its attachments may contain confidential
information.  It is intended solely for the intended addressee(s).
Any use of the information contained herein by other persons is
prohibited.  IMEC vzw does not accept any liability for the contents
of this e-mail and/or its attachments.