Empty list

Michael Goffioul kde-print@mail.kde.org
Fri, 07 Mar 2003 09:03:31 +0100

Christof Hurschler wrote:

> newbie question:
>
> I'm running KDE 3.1 on Debian Woody.  I've installed the hpijs 1.3.1 driver
> on
> my system.  In the kdeprint Wizard when I try to intall a printer I get an
> empty list
> in the "pinter model selection" I get an empty window.
>
> I*m just trying to install a parallel port Deskjet Printer.  What print
> server should I
> use?

You might have a look at CUPS (http://www.cups.org) for the print
server and at Foomatic (http://www.linuxprinting.org) for the top-level
printer driver system.

Michael Goffioul		IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul@imec.be	(Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510		Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515		3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM
This e-mail and/or its attachments may contain confidential
information.  It is intended solely for the intended addressee(s).
Any use of the information contained herein by other persons is
prohibited.  IMEC vzw does not accept any liability for the contents
of this e-mail and/or its attachments.