kdeprint fails faxing

Mirko D. Walter mwalter at 2via.de
Fri Jun 13 16:28:43 CEST 2003

Am Freitag, 13. Juni 2003 09:18 schrieb Michael Goffioul:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > If I try faxing a kwrite-document with kdeprint and kdeprintfax, I get
> > an error in the /var/log/cups/error_log:
> > "get_jobs: resource name '/printers/An Fax weiterleiten' no good!
>
> Does this prevent you from faxing? This "behavior" exists since the
> beginning of KDEPrint.

Ahhhhhh. Maybe I saw this log-entry and concluded this failure has to be
something with cups and kprint. I found out yesterday in the late evening,
that maybe the cause was else: In fact I think the scripts from hylafax are
wrong - I did some work on them and found them to be in-exact at quering the
parameter-count (!=4 has to be <5, because there are more than 4 given from
the hylafax-server).

Now I have it running _and_ at the same time pdf-writing from kde (I don't
really know, why).

Thanks,
Mirko

--
GnuPG 1.2.2-rc1                                                     0x1BB671BE
http://www.2via.de