Filter question

Jeroen van Disseldorp jdizzl at xs4all.nl
Thu Jun 5 17:11:37 CEST 2003

Hi,

I recently got hold of a HP LaserJet 1005. On linuxprinting.org I found
a description of how to upload firmware to it to make it work. However,
every time you turn off/on the printer, you have to upload that piece
of firmware again.

I had the idea to use a printer filter to upload the firmware before
every print job. Unfortunately I don't have enough knowledge to make it
work. The command I want to put in front of every print job is

cat firmware.bin > /dev/usb/lp0

Anyone able to give me a hand in constructing such a filter?

Regards,
  Jeroen                         mailto:jdizzl at xs4all.nl
--
There are only 10 kinds of people: Those who understand binary and
those who don't...