cups printer delete

Michael Goffioul goffioul at imec.be
Thu Jul 31 17:56:48 CEST 2003

Paolo Ariano wrote:
> hi *
>
> cups is really good, i can print on any printer of my department without
> problems but the problem is when i use the wrong printer ... :( so :
>
> 1. how to remove printers ?(probably they are connected to MacOSX) if i
> try "delete printer" it say:
> client-error-not-authorized
> and the printer is back

Probably because you don't have administration rights to remove the
printer. Moreover if it's a remote printer (printer queue on a remote
computer), then you can't remove it remotely, you have to do it on
the remote computer.

> 2. how to define the default printer ?

You can define your own (personal) printer in the "Instances" tab of
the KDE print manager, or from the print dialog in any KDE app
(from the printer properties dialog).

Now, if you're only using a small subset of printers in your
department, you can make KDEPrint to only shows you the printers
you want. From the print dialog, click "System options", go to
the "Filter" section and select the printers you want to see.
Then back in the print dialog, enable printer filtering
(button on the right of the printer selection combo).

Michaël.

Michael Goffioul		IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul at imec.be	(Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510		Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515		3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM
This e-mail and/or its attachments may contain confidential
information.  It is intended solely for the intended addressee(s).
Any use of the information contained herein by other persons is
prohibited.  IMEC vzw does not accept any liability for the contents
of this e-mail and/or its attachments.