kprinter and xemacs

Michael Goffioul kde-print@mail.kde.org
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 10:27:06 +0100

ChristopherHuhn wrote:

> Hi ho,
>
> this time I have a silly user question. I tried to print from XEmacs
> 21.4 using kprinter (KDE 3.0.5a).
> So I customized the lpr group and set
>
> (lpr-command "/usr/bin/kprinter")
>
> and did "Pretty-Print foo.buffer". The print dialog came up and I
> clicked ok.
> Then it tol me it could not print from STDIN and that I should use the
> --stdin switch.
> So I did
>
> (lpr-switches (quote ("--stdin")))
>
> but no change. I also tried:
>
> (lpr-command "/usr/bin/kprinter --stdin")
> (lpr-switches nil)
>
> No change. Any ideas?

I don't use xemacs, so I cannot tell. However, command-line options
has been slightly changed in 3.1, such that input on STDIN is
automatically detected and the "--stdin" is not needed anymore.

Michael Goffioul		IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul@imec.be	(Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510		Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515		3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM
This e-mail and/or its attachments may contain confidential
information.  It is intended solely for the intended addressee(s).
Any use of the information contained herein by other persons is
prohibited.  IMEC vzw does not accept any liability for the contents
of this e-mail and/or its attachments.