Newbie Just Tryin' to Print from KDE

C. K. Lester kde-print@mail.kde.org
Sun, 26 Jan 2003 12:13:40 -0600

Howdy, y'all...

Printing is my last obstacle to using KDE fulltime. I had commandline pri=
nting=20
working fine at one point, but I've somehow disabled that since. :-/

I've checked online resources and my three books (Teach Yourself FreeBSD,=
=20
Absolute BSD, and Annelise's book) but can't figure out what I've done wr=
ong.=20
So, as a last ditch effort, my final resource, I'm posting here.

FreeBSD 4.7
Epson Stylus Color 900 (does not support PostScript)
XPP is installed
I thought I had CUPS installed. When I type "cupsd" as root from / it giv=
es no=20
message. When I "ps -a" afterwards, I don't see anything about CUPS.
I'm running the latest stable KDE.

Can somebody guide me through getting print capability from KDE apps?

Thanks!

-ck lester

--=20
My Microsoft OS... It's just for games, now.