Understanding the export printer driver feature

Michael Goffioul kde-print@mail.kde.org
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 16:15:21 +0100

> OK, I've now got a copy of all the files in the list, but am having a slight
> problemw ith the export bit. In my case I'm running cups & samba on an old
> P150, and am running KDE on my laptop. Does KDEPrint require that the wizard
> and cups/samba servers be running on the same system? If not, where do I put
> the files on my laptop so that KDEPrint will find them to export them?

I don't think CUPS server must be running, but samba server should be
running as cupsaddsmb (and KDEPrint) uses smbclient and rpcclient
are used internally. The location where to put the files is the
same as for cupsaddsmb, chech manual page.

Michael Goffioul		IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul@imec.be	(Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510		Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515		3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM
This e-mail and/or its attachments may contain confidential
information.  It is intended solely for the intended addressee(s).
Any use of the information contained herein by other persons is
prohibited.  IMEC vzw does not accept any liability for the contents
of this e-mail and/or its attachments.