Cannot print from KDE applications

Michael Goffioul kde-print@mail.kde.org
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 09:36:38 +0100

> I did this as well, but the difficulty remains.  I would be happy to attach my
> /etc/cups/cupsd.conf file if you would like to see it.
> Could it be I have some corrupted kdeprint binaries?

Don't think so, corrupted binaries would simply not work at all. You
can send me your cupsd.conf file, I'll have a look at it, although
I'm more thinking about a DNS lookup problem (I cannot see that
in the cupsd.conf file). Is your PC connected to the network?
Is network name mentionned in the printer URI known your CUPS
server?

For example, if the URI is ipp://server:631/printers/lp0 (you can
see the printer URI in the printer manager), then try to connect
using telnet: "telnet server 631", to see if the connection is
immediate or not.

Michael Goffioul		IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul@imec.be	(Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510		Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515		3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM
This e-mail and/or its attachments may contain confidential
information.  It is intended solely for the intended addressee(s).
Any use of the information contained herein by other persons is
prohibited.  IMEC vzw does not accept any liability for the contents
of this e-mail and/or its attachments.