cups restart problem

Michael Goffioul kde-print@mail.kde.org
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 18:48:35 +0100

> Nicolas AUFFRAY wrote:
>
> Hi there,
>
> I'm working on installing a print server based on Cups for request from Windows and Linux clients.
> So, I try to configure it from Kdeprint but when I would like to restart cups daemon from the
> interface, I just received an error message containing :
>
> "Ipp request failed for unknown reason" and all printers installed disappear from Kdeprint.
>
> But when I close Kdeprint and open it or press refresh, all works !

Restarting the CUPS server (done automatically when you configure it)
takes time. The print manager tries to update itself immediately after
restarting the CUPS server, and this fails because restart is not
complete. If you wait a few seconds, you should see the printer coming
back. This annoying message box has been removed in 3.1.

Michael Goffioul		IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul@imec.be	(Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510		Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515		3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM
This e-mail and/or its attachments may contain confidential
information.  It is intended solely for the intended addressee(s).
Any use of the information contained herein by other persons is
prohibited.  IMEC vzw does not accept any liability for the contents
of this e-mail and/or its attachments.