[Foomatic] Imageable area for HPIJS

Michael Goffioul kde-print@mail.kde.org
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 11:59:33 +0100

> I did some more testing and found that the printer properties dialog
> shows different default margins, depending on the application it's
> called from. To be clear, find attached three screenshots:
> - kprinter (Text tab)
> - kate (Margins tab), same with e.g. kwrite, konqueror, kmail
> - and one with the custom settings that give me correct printout
> (all KDE 3.1rc6). The margin previews correctly show where text ends
> up on the paper, but always being clipped to the "korrect.png" area by
> the printer hardware (or hpijs driver). That means, when printing from
> kate, text ends up too far left and down, being clipped on the left and
> bottom side.
>
> Can you reproduce this (at least the margin previews)? If not, is there
> a chance that I misconfigured something? What further info should I
> provide to clarify things?

I detected some errors in kdeprint, like rouding errors and top/bottom
margin inversion. Can I provide you a patch against CVS, for testing?

Michael Goffioul		IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul@imec.be	(Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510		Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515		3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM
This e-mail and/or its attachments may contain confidential
information.  It is intended solely for the intended addressee(s).
Any use of the information contained herein by other persons is
prohibited.  IMEC vzw does not accept any liability for the contents
of this e-mail and/or its attachments.