HTML image printing does not work (KDE 3.1.0)

Stefan Hellwig kde-print@mail.kde.org
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 18:13:15 +0100

Hi all,

I'm having a very strange problem lately when I try to print something. I'm
using KDE 3.1.0 (release) and Qt 3.1.1, both compiled from source. My
printing system is CUPS, version 1.1.13, also compiled from source. And it
was working fine until I upgraded to KDE 3.1.0 release.

What I noticed is that when I try to print any HTML page containing images,
e.g. an e-mail in KMail with an attachment icon, the page containing the
image/icon is never printed. When I use the HTML settings in the printing
dialog and disable "Print images" the page is printed correctly, just
without the image(s).

I've had this problem at work and when I tried it today at home I
discovered that I have the same problem here so I switched CUPS into debug
mode for a better analysis of the problem. It seems that GNU Ghostscript
runs into an unrecoverable error, starting with this message:

"Error: /rangecheck in null" [...]
"GNU Ghostscript: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1"

First I thought I should attach both log files to this e-mail (16 KB
altogether) but then I thought it would be better to ask first. If you
think the files could be useful please let me know.

Thank you very much in advance!

Regards, Stefan.
--
The Jenna von Oy WebSite - http://www.jennavonoy.com/
Run by fans, for fans, in cooperation with Jenna von Oy!