smb printing

Michael Goffioul kde-print@mail.kde.org
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 09:36:28 +0100

> added interface ip=192.168.1.3 bcast=192.168.1.255 nmask=255.255.255.0
>
> Anonymous login successful
>
> Domain=[@HOME] OS=[Unix] Server=[Samba 2.2.4]
>
> Sharename Type     Comment
>
> ---------        ----        -------
>
> shares         Disk
>
> school         Disk     Alleen bestanden voor school plaatsen aub
>
> IPC$             IPC         IPC Service (Samba 2.2.4)
>
> ADMIN$    Disk     IPC Service (Samba 2.2.4)
>
> Server                 Comment
>
> ---------                 -------
>
> MORPHEUS     Samba 2.2.4
>
> SNOOPY
>
> Workgroup     Master
>
> ---------            -------
>
> @HOME         SNOOPY

> This is the output i get. I guess there isn't any printer but i know for sure that it is

Well, from the samba point of view, there's no printer. As long as
samba doesn't see any printer, KDEPrint won't as well (KDEPrint uses
samba internally). I'm not an expert on samba-WinXP connectivity,
so I cannot help you much here.

Michael Goffioul		IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul@imec.be	(Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510		Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515		3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM
This e-mail and/or its attachments may contain confidential
information.  It is intended solely for the intended addressee(s).
Any use of the information contained herein by other persons is
prohibited.  IMEC vzw does not accept any liability for the contents
of this e-mail and/or its attachments.