smb printing

Michael Goffioul kde-print@mail.kde.org
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 18:27:11 +0100

> Bertjan Broeksema wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I've a machine with winXP on it. And to that machine is an Brother HL1230 connected. I've shared
> it, and i can use it on my win 2k machine.
>
> On my linbox i'm running: slackware 8.1 with KDE 3.1. I tried to install my printer via KDE
> printing manager. The point is, i can browse the network when i choose smb printing, i even see
> the host where the printer is connected on. But the printer isn't there. Can anyone give me a hint
> at what to do?

What do you have when executing in a terminal:

smbclient -L HOST -N

1) replace HOST with the actual host name
2) if you need regular authentification instead of anonymous access,
remove the "-N" flag.

Michael Goffioul		IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul@imec.be	(Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510		Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515		3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM
This e-mail and/or its attachments may contain confidential
information.  It is intended solely for the intended addressee(s).
Any use of the information contained herein by other persons is
prohibited.  IMEC vzw does not accept any liability for the contents
of this e-mail and/or its attachments.