kdeprint 3.1 problem

Michael Goffioul kde-print@mail.kde.org
Wed, 05 Feb 2003 13:27:14 +0100

> I've just tried to change IP range with local address : 127.0.0
> .[0-255] or 192.168.15 .[0-255] or anything network address which is
> not our network address. Kdeprint always start to scan after asking me
> that's not the actual network address. Of course, kdeprint find
> nothing but the feature work when it's not the actual network address.
>
> So with any network address, progress bar begin and with the good
> network address the progress bar doesn't start...

THIS is very valuable information :-) After looking at the code, I
think it's a bug. Unfortunately, I'm not running Linux ATM so I cannot
check. Can anybody confirm that scanning the default network subnet
does not work?

A possible patch is the following,
kdelibs/kdeprint/management/networkscanner.cpp: in function
NetworkScanner::slotScanClicked(), replace:

	if ( d->localPrefix() != d->prefixaddress &&

with

	if ( d->localPrefix() == d->prefixaddress ||

(I never triggered that potential problem as my network printers
are located on another subnet).

Michael Goffioul		IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul@imec.be	(Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510		Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515		3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM