kdeprint 3.1 problem

Pablo de Vicente kde-print@mail.kde.org
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 12:45:17 +0100

El Martes 4 de Febrero de 2003 22:39, Achim Bohnet escribi=F3:
> On Tuesday 04 February 2003 18:20, Nicolas AUFFRAY wrote:
> > Le mar 04/02/2003 =E0 10:04, Michael Goffioul a =E9crit :
> > >
> > > Everything is contained in kdelibs.
> >
> > Just what I has thinking !
> >
> > > Usually, packagers disable debug output. You may try to enable
> > > debug by using "kdebugdialog". At that stage, it's difficult for me
> > > to help, as I cannot reproduce it. Does anybody out there have the
> > > same problem?
> >
> > As I don't know how to really use kdebugdialog, I try to launch it with
> > --fullmode option and say for kdeprint to show all types of messages in
> > the shell. Then, I click on Ok and launch kcmshell printmgr in the
> > shell. But, same problem without any message.
> >
> > I can install printer manually so that's not really a problem but
> > strange thing :-(.
> >
> > Is someone use kde 3.1 (from kde.org !) under Debian Woody 3.0 without
> > this problem ?
>
> Yupp,  Me.   Woody + Ralf Noldens KDE 3.1 + Blade's Xfree86 4.2.1.
>
> 	deb http://ktown.kde.org/~nolden/kde stable main
>
> Just tried the scanning feature (again) without problems.  Maybe kde.org
> mirrors are not uptodate with Ralfs latest builds?
>
> There was a similar thread on debian-kde@lists.debian.org.
> "Where is the KDE Print wizard in KControl?"   It died without an solutio=
n.
> I've cc'ed them maybe someone found the solution for the problem in the
> meantime.

Hello,

 Well, I started that thread in debian-kde@lists.debian.org. The present=20
status at my machine is that when I try to scan my LAN looking for IPP=20
printers I get no response. My subnet is properly configured but I get=20
nothing.

  I am using cups, version 1.1.14-4.3, which is the latest stable package=20
offered by Debian. I am also using the latest 3.1 KDE packages from Ralf=20
Nolden, downloaded straight from his place, and not from the mirrors.

  I have asked other people, and some of them see the same problem as me, a=
nd=20
others like Achim do not have any problem when scanning the LAN !!!

Pablo de Vicente