kdeprint 3.1 problem

Achim Bohnet kde-print@mail.kde.org
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 22:39:32 +0100

On Tuesday 04 February 2003 18:20, Nicolas AUFFRAY wrote:
> Le mar 04/02/2003 à 10:04, Michael Goffioul a écrit :
>
> > > What I would like to say is what kde parts are needed ? I use Kde Debian Packages (Woody). Maybe
> > > something missing.
> >
> > Everything is contained in kdelibs.
> >

> Just what I has thinking !
>

> > Usually, packagers disable debug output. You may try to enable
> > debug by using "kdebugdialog". At that stage, it's difficult for me
> > to help, as I cannot reproduce it. Does anybody out there have the
> > same problem?
>
> As I don't know how to really use kdebugdialog, I try to launch it with
> --fullmode option and say for kdeprint to show all types of messages in
> the shell. Then, I click on Ok and launch kcmshell printmgr in the
> shell. But, same problem without any message.
>
> I can install printer manually so that's not really a problem but
> strange thing :-(.
>
> Is someone use kde 3.1 (from kde.org !) under Debian Woody 3.0 without
> this problem ?

Yupp,  Me.   Woody + Ralf Noldens KDE 3.1 + Blade's Xfree86 4.2.1.

	deb http://ktown.kde.org/~nolden/kde stable main

Just tried the scanning feature (again) without problems.  Maybe kde.org mirrors are not
uptodate with Ralfs latest builds?

There was a similar thread on debian-kde@lists.debian.org.
"Where is the KDE Print wizard in KControl?"   It died without an solution.
I've cc'ed them maybe someone found the solution for the problem in the meantime.

You worte that you use cups 1.1.18.  Debian Woody is has 1.1.14.  Did you install 1.1.18
from unstablef?  Maybe this added additonal libs from unstable that break the scan
feature?

Achim

                                      -- reddy@lion.austin.ibm.com