kdeprint 3.1 problem

Michael Goffioul kde-print@mail.kde.org
Tue, 04 Feb 2003 18:34:17 +0100

> I also have another question, not a problem but for a feature : is
> this (or will be) possible to access the web interface print://manager
> from a remote machine with any browser ? Like see printers paramaters
> from Kdeprint with galeon from my computer !

You can access the CUPS web interface (http://hostname:631) remotely,
but the "print" ioslave is KDE-specific, so it only works within
konqueror. If you want to access (from konqueror) a remote CUPS server,
you can do it by changing the hostname in the KDEPrint settings dialog.
The "print" ioslave doesn't support yet hostname specification in the
URL.

Michael Goffioul		IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul@imec.be	(Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510		Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515		3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM