kdeprint 3.1 problem

Michael Goffioul kde-print@mail.kde.org
Mon, 03 Feb 2003 11:16:52 +0100

> What's really needing for kdeprint to work with all his features (I use Cups 1.1.18) ?

It has nothing to do with CUPS, this is KDEPrint-only feature.

> I've tried to increase timeout without success (try 50, 150 and 1500 ms...) and the network is not
> really slow (ping printer1 for example show between 2 and 4 ms).
>
> Scanning feature works fine with kde 3.0.5 but not with 3.1 (test on two PC).

What has been changed in 3.1 is that network scanning is now asynchronous
and does not block the GUI anymore (it can be aborted). If you start
"kaddprinterwizard" in a terminal, what does the debug output tells
you when scanning the network.

Michael Goffioul		IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul@imec.be	(Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510		Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515		3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM
This e-mail and/or its attachments may contain confidential
information.  It is intended solely for the intended addressee(s).
Any use of the information contained herein by other persons is
prohibited.  IMEC vzw does not accept any liability for the contents
of this e-mail and/or its attachments.