mailbox

Nestor Diaz Valencia nestordiaz at barriolinux.net
Wed Dec 24 18:21:30 CET 2003

Hi everybody:
I am involved in a linux for Secondary Schools in my region.
I would like to know how can we use mailboxes in a Canon printer or anyother.
Is this working in kdeprint?
I can find and choose the output "Mail box" in the printer dialog, but I
cannot choose wich mailbox to use and it's always printing directly.
Also, I have modified the ppd to make mailbox 2 the default one, but there is
no way.
Is it a pcl-only feature? If so, why is it available in the ppd?
Once ago, I tried in a Xerox 490 and I couldn't do it. But I did not tried
this hard.
The canon printer is using an EFI hardware, do you know about Fierys and so?
is a printer processor o preprocessor, so canon only makes the machine and
the sofware is controlled by the EFI hardware/sofware (harddisk, mailboxes,
queues)
If mailboxes are not available, is there a way I can configure one computer to
serve as a mailboxes manager?
Let's say I have a linux pc conected to the printer. All other users in the
network print to that linuxpc.
When the user reaches the linuxpc he/she allows the printing of the document
previously sent by locating his/her job and clicking on start.
Could I do it with the kprint software?
Could I do it with the kprint sofware without giving root permission to the
users?
Yours:
Néstor Díaz
--