Can't print pdf file in portrait format

Nadine Heymann heynad at web.de
Fri Aug 29 12:55:51 CEST 2003

I can't print the following file in portrait:
http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~nachtiga/Nennungsformular.pdf
(I put it there so that I don't have to attach it)

It is always printed in landscape which my printer can't handle, that is the
right side of the page is cut off. When I open the file with kghostview it is
shown horizontally, whereas xpdf shows it vertically.

I use
nadine at heyhome:~$ kprinter --version
Qt: 3.1.1
KDE: 3.1.0
kprinter: 0.0.1

and cups 1.1.14 on debian woody.

The only way round this I found was to convert the file to pdf (pdf2ps) and
open it with gimp (still in landscape), rotate it by 90° (now portrait) and
print it this way. Not very handy.

PS I hope I wrote this to the right list, if not please let me know the
correct one.