Machine slows to crawl when printing

Michael Goffioul goffioul at imec.be
Mon Aug 4 10:29:37 CEST 2003

> Any suggestions on what could be causing this? I am not really sure what I
> should be checking for troubleshooting. Or is this normal behaviour for
> high-res printjobs on cheap printers?

Could you tell us from which application you're trying to print,
what you're trying to print at this high-res, and which process
consumes all system's resources (use "top" of the KDE process
manager - <CTRL>+<ESC>).

Michaël.

Michael Goffioul		IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul at imec.be	(Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510		Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515		3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM
This e-mail and/or its attachments may contain confidential
information.  It is intended solely for the intended addressee(s).
Any use of the information contained herein by other persons is
prohibited.  IMEC vzw does not accept any liability for the contents
of this e-mail and/or its attachments.