Problem printing to a remote host

Walt Pennington kde-print@mail.kde.org
29 Nov 2002 21:05:36 -0800

The San Diego Linux Users Group did an installation at a San Diego
Middle School and had a similar problem and we found that the the CUPS
configuration file had the wrong IP address of the printers.

We installed Mandrake 9 on 20 computers, and everything worked except
the printing.  The HP 4100 and HP 4500 printers would show in the list
of available printers, but we could not get anything to print.  After
much research we found that CUPS had the right printer with the wrong IP
address.  We tried to use the GUI to remove, but the rejected the GUI
configurations.  Finally we went to the configuration file, deleted the
existing printers, and manually added the correct printers and IP
addresses.

The person that found and fixed the problem is Chris and he can be
contacted at moody underscore jc at hotmail dot com

Walt