kprinter cli + preview

Kurt Pfeifle kde-print@mail.kde.org
Wed, 06 Nov 2002 22:18:51 +0100

fab wrote:

> My problem : I don't have the preview option in the kprinter window when I use
> it with the command line (typically > kprinter test.ps ). Is it normal ?

Currently yes. This is by design. Preview only works with PostScript input files.
Michael argued that it is only guaranteed to be PostScript, if kprinter is started
from within a KDE application (which will generate PostScript as print output).

However, I'd support to enable the preview option from the comand line too.
(Possibly with an extra switch like "--enable-postscript-preview"...).

I'm glad you are joining my forces...  ;-)   Now we need a few more arguments
to convince Michael....

Cheers,
Kurt