[CUPS] Re: CUPS - placing all jobs on hold

Till Kamppeter kde-print@mail.kde.org
Sun, 03 Nov 2002 16:13:21 +0100

Bashir, Anwar wrote:
> Till,
>
> Many thanks for this.
>
> I am using Mandake 9.0 and have looked at KDE Printing Manager. This
> provides a list of printers and four tabs; Information, Jobs, Properties and
> Instances. None of the options appear to provide the ability to select
> holding of jobs.

you can only find the option for holding jobs in "kprinter", not in the
Printig Manager. Run kprinter as root and save your option settings to
set a default behaviour for job holding.

Michael, would it not be better to have access to the job holding (and
other options of kprinter's "Advanced Options" tab also in the
"Settings" dialog of the "Instances" tab of the Print Manager?

> I have used the command line option as you have suggested: lpoptions -p
> <printername> -o job-hold-until=indefinite.
>
> I am testing as root and I have checked the /etc/cups/lpoptions file and
> found the following entries:
>
> Default HP890c
> Dest Laserjet6 job-hold-until=indefinite
>
> If I then use the CUPS web admin tool at localhost:631, and submit a test
> print from the page I had hoped to find that it is shown on the jobs page
> with the release option highlighted. I would then be able to release the
> job.
>
> However, the job simply prints as before.

It seems that the test page facility of the web interface does not obey
the /etc/cups/lpoptions. Can you try to print from the command line or
out of an application?

    Till